Corvette Forum, Chevrolet Corvette Forum
Corvette Challenge Series Home Page Corvette Challenge Series Background History 1988 Corvette Challenge Series 1989 Corvette Challenge Series 1990 R9G Corvette Corvette Forum, Chevrolet Corvette Forum

Corvette Forum : Chevrolet Corvette Forum
1988 and 1989 Corvette Challenge Car & 1990 R9G Corvette Forum Area

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R9G Corvette questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corvette Forum : Chevrolet Corvette Forum Forum Index -> 1990 R9G Corvette
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are the R9G Corvettes a great collector Corvette for the future?
YES
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
NO
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No clue?
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

bigjohn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: R9G Corvette questions Reply with quote

I'm curious to know if anyone feels the R9G Corvette will become collectible in the future. What do you feel one could be purchased at today? What do you think the future holds for these cars?

Anyone care to help?

BigJ
sun bather bob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could they not be! There were only23 made and who knows how many are still in excistance! Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
racelance
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: R9G Corvette questions Reply with quote

bigjohn wrote:
I'm curious to know if anyone feels the R9G Corvette will become collectible in the future. What do you feel one could be purchased at today? What do you think the future holds for these cars?

Anyone care to help?

BigJ

I feel the R9G's will become VERY collectible in the future. It's funny but a lot of enthusiasts aren't aware of these unique cars, but people weren't really aware of a lot of incredibly collectible cars from the 50's & 60's back in the day. It'll be interesting to see when these cars will become more desirable. I can tell you that I personally love these cars & recently purchased 2 myself (with my Mom as a partner she owns 2 other ones as well). I didn't really purchase these cars as an investment; I purchased them because I've always followed them and simply love the cars. You can never go wrong following your heart (well, for the most part - lol).

As for what the future holds - only time will tell. These cars have all the ingredients for becoming very desirable simply because of the supply demand factor. There are only 23 of these cars in the world - I assure you that you won't be purchasing 4 of them anytime soon. Very Happy

Hope this helps you!

Lance

PS I love the '89 Challenge Cars & the '90 R9G's - both are very high on my list of "favorite cars".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bigjohn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

BigJ
*89x2*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: R9G Corvette questions Reply with quote

bigjohn wrote:

Anyone care to help?

BigJ

It will be interesting to see, as these cars were so radically different than the 88/89 Challenge cars.

Is a stock one - one never converted wiorth the same as a racing one?

How will the market and enthusiast base react to a stock one vs. one w/ racing heritage?

...these are all questions that will play out in time. In the meantime, I might just buy one for the enjoyment of it!
NitroNutt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: R9G Corvette questions Reply with quote

racelance wrote:
bigjohn wrote:

Anyone care to help?

BigJ

I feel the R9G's will become VERY collectible in the future. It's funny but a lot of enthusiasts aren't aware of these unique cars, but people weren't really aware of a lot of incredibly collectible cars from the 50's & 60's back in the day. It'll be interesting to see when these cars will become more desirable. I can tell you that I personally love these cars & recently purchased 2 myself (with my Mom as a partner she owns 2 other ones as well). I didn't really purchase these cars as an investment; I purchased them because I've always followed them and simply love the cars. You can never go wrong following your heart (well, for the most part - lol).

As for what the future holds - only time will tell. These cars have all the ingredients for becoming very desirable simply because of the supply demand factor. There are only 23 of these cars in the world - I assure you that you won't be purchasing 4 of them anytime soon. Very Happy

Add another 1 to that Lance. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Corvette Forum : Chevrolet Corvette Forum Forum Index -> 1990 R9G Corvette All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: